1 Share1 Comment
Warner Home Video has released the Blu-ray Combo Pack cover and specs for their upcoming “Batman: Year One”, the latest in the company’s highly successful line of DC. Comics-based original animated movies. They’ve also announced that the movie will be making its premiere at Comic Con on July 22th at 8:00 p.m. in Ballroom 20, followed by a panel consisting of Bryan Cranston, Ben McKenzie, Eliza Dushku and Katee Sackhoff, along with executive producer Bruce Timm, casting/dialogue director Andrea Romano and directors Lauren Montgomery and Sam Liu.
“Batman: Year One” follows the debut of Batman to the crime scene, and will feature McKenzie as Bruce Wayne/Batman and Cranston as Jim Gordon. The movie chronicles the duo’s respective first years on the force, if you will, and how they come to be allies. It’s due out October 18, 2011 on Blu-ray, DVD, OnDemand and for Download.
Batman: Year One Blu-ray™ Combo Pack has almost 3 hours of exciting content, including:
- Feature film
- Sneak Peek at Justice League: Doom, the next DC Universe Animated Original Movie
- DC Showcase Animated Original Short – “Catwoman”: This all-new entry to the growing canon of DC Universe animated shorts features the first first solo tale centered around Catwoman. The felonious feline’s adventure takes her through the seedy streets of Gotham City. Catwoman is voiced by Eliza Dushku (Dollhouse, Tru Calling).
- Featurette –“Heart of Vengeance: Returning Batman to His Roots”: “The Dark Knight Returns” provided the denouement of Batman’s life. Frank Miller’s next seminal work would provide his near-mythic origin in “Batman: Year One.” This documentary uncovers the contemporary genius of Miller and the audience that was poised to appreciate the depths of his work.
- Featurette –“Conversations with DC Comics”: The Batman creative team at DC Entertainment discusses the personal influence of “Batman: Year One” on their careers. Batman producer Michael Uslan leads the chat amongst well-known writers, editors and artists of the Batman lore, focusing their dialogue on the darker, realistic interpretation of Batman’s origins by Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli
- Audio Commentary with Alan Burnett, Sam Liu, Mike Carlin and Andrea Romano
- “Batman: Year One, Chapter 1” Digital Comic Book
- Two bonus episodes from “Batman: The Animated Series,” handpicked by Bruce Timm
- Standard and high definition versions of the feature film
- Digital copy on disc of the feature film compatible with iTunes and Windows
And in case you missed it, the trailer for “Batman: Year One”: