18 SharesNo Comments
What can you say about Bruce Lee’s 1973 martial arts flick “Enter the Dragon” except that it’s still a really, really good martial arts movie 40 years later. Who knew how many other great movies Lee could have made if not for his sudden passing, but at least he got to shine really bright in “Enter the Dragon”, which Warner Bros. Home Entertainment is re-releasing as a 40th Anniversary Ultimate Collector’s Edition giftset this June 11 on Blu-ray.
The plot of the Enter the Dragon revolves around outstanding martial arts student Lee (Bruce Lee), who is recruited by an intelligence agency and then uncovers the evil Han’s (Kien Shih) white slavery and drug trafficking ring located on a secret island fortress. Along with martial arts champions Roper (John Saxon) and Williams (Jim Kelly), Lee infiltrates the stronghold and enters Han’s brutal tournament. Lee and his partners fuse skills in Karate, Judo, Tae Kwon Do, T’ai chi ch’uan and Hapkido, in a now classic fight-to-the-death epic battle, all staged by Lee himself.
Bruce Lee, John Saxon, and Ahna Capri star in Enter the Dragon, which co-stars Bob Wall, and Shih Kien and introduces Jim Kelly. Music is by Lalo Schifrin. Written by Michael Allen, the film was produced by Fred Weintraub and Paul Heller in association with Raymond Chow. Robert Clouse directed.
- Commentary by producer Paul Heller
- New Featurette No Way As Way
- New Featurette The Return to Han’s Island
- New Featurette Wing Chun: The Art that Introduced Kung Fu to Bruce Lee
- Interview Gallery featuring Lee’s wife, Linda Lee Caldwell
- Vintage pieces (Backyard Workout with Bruce Lee, Curse of the Dragon, Location: Hong Kong with Enter the Dragon, Blood and Steel: The Making of Enter the Dragon, Personal Profile Bruce Lee: In His Own Words)
- Five trailers
- Seven TV spots
We’ll update with pics of the giftset when they arrive. Knowing how Warner Bros. operates when it comes to these ultimate collector’s editions, it should be quite something to see.