Disney has officially announced release dates for some of their late 2013-2014 titles, along with two untitled Marvel movies set for 2016 and 2017. That would put the two films past Marvel’s Phase 2, which will once again be capped off with a Joss Whedon movie, this time “The Avengers 2″. Marvel already has Edgar Wright’s “Ant-Man” set for 2015 after “The Avengers 2″, so that’s not it. Any guesses what the 2016 and 2017 titles are?
SAVING MR. BANKS (12/13/13 in limited release before opening wide on 12/20/13)
- Inspired by true events, SAVING MR. BANKS is the extraordinary, untold story of how Disney’s classic MARY POPPINS made it to the screen—and the testy relationship that the legendary Walt Disney had with author P.L. Travers that almost derailed it.
MUPPETS MOST WANTED (3/21/14)
- Starring Ricky Gervais, Ty Burrell and Tina Fey, Disney’s MUPPETS MOST WANTED takes the entire Muppets gang on a global tour where they find themselves unwittingly entangled in an international crime caper.
PLANES: FIRE & RESCUE (7/18/14)
ALEXANDER AND THE TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, NO GOOD, VERY BAD DAY (10/10/14)
- Based on the award-winning children’s book by Judith Viorst, follows young Alexander through the mishaps of a terrible day for his family after he wishes they all would experience the same troubles he does. Starring Steve Carell and Jennifer Garner have been cast.
- Brad Bird directs, from a script by Bird and Damon Lindelof, and starring George Clooney, Hugh Laurie, Raffey Cassidy and Thomas Robinson.
INTO THE WOODS (12/25/14)
- Rob Marshall is directing, based on the Tony-winning original musical by James Lapine and Stephen Sondheim, surrounds a baker and his wife’s quest to break a witch’s curse in order to start a family. Along the way, they encounter several well-known fairy tale characters, and together they learn what happens after “happily ever after”.
THE HUNDRED-FOOT JOURNEY (8/8/14)
- Lasse Hallstrom is directing, with Steven Spielberg, Oprah Winfrey and Juliet Blake producing. THE HUNDRED-FOOT JOURNEY, based on the international best-selling book by Richard C. Morais, tells the story of an Indian boy living in France who becomes the culinary apprentice to his father’s rival.
UNTITLED MARVEL FILMS (5/6/16 and 5/5/17)