2 SharesNo Comments
In London between August 12th and 14th? You’re in luck, because Empire Magazine’s Empire Presents….BIG SCREEN Film Festival/Convention (Film Con?) will be under way during those dates, and if you’re attending, you’ll be able to catch a pretty big helping of Hollywood films (if that’s where your tastes run), including the UK premieres “Cowboys and Aliens”, “Fright Night”, “The Change-Up”, and “Conan The Barbarian”, as well as plenty of local products.
The fest has announced that Paramount Pictures’ “Cowboys and Aliens” will open the big shindig, with appearances by the cast and director Jon Favreau present and accounted for. Besides the premiere, screenings for the Wild West sci-fi movie will be held on Friday, Saturday and Sunday for stragglers. With “Cowboys” opening the fest, closing will be Craig Gillespie’s “Fright Night” remake, with stars Colin Farrell and David Tennant making appearances in person.
A smidgen of other big studio offerings include:
- For Star Wars™ fans everywhere, attendees will hear from key members of the team from Industrial Light and Magic as they take us on a journey behind the scenes of the beloved films while revealing new content which will be found in the upcoming release of Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray. Visitors will also have a special opportunity to be photographed on part of a replica Star Wars set and take part in the Star Wars: Padawan Training School, a must for would-be Jedi everywhere!
- Audiences will be thrilled that, courtesy of Sony Pictures and Sony Pictures Animation, the geniuses behind the iconic Wallace And Gromit will be present to introduce highlights from their two brilliant new blockbusters Arthur Christmas and The Pirates! In An Adventure With Scientists and demonstrate first-hand how they bring these incredible characters to life.
- Special screenings for comedies “The Help” starring Emma Stone and “The Change Up” starring Ryan Reynolds and Jason Bateman; “The Guard” starring Don Cheadle, with a Q&A with director John Martin McDonagh afterwards; Norway’s “TrollHunter”, with a follow-up Q&A with the cast of the movie; and Lionsgate’s “Conan The Barbarian” remake, starring Jason Momoa.
- Audiences will get to see exclusive sneak peeks of the Guillermo Tel Toro-produced “Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark”; James Cameron’s “Titanic 3D”; Andrew Niccol’s “In Time”; the Timur Bekmambetov-produced Russian alien invasion movie “The Darkest Hour”; and “Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter”. Domestic sneak peeks will include Daniel Radcliffe’s “The Woman in Black” and the latest adaptation of John Le Carre’s “Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy” starring Gary Oldman and Colin Firth.
- Director Shawn Levy will also be providing an exclusive sneak peek at his “Real Steal” starring Hugh Jackman and Evangeline Lilly ahead of the film’s worldwide October 7th release.
For more info, ticketing, and future line-up announcements, had over to the fest’s Official Site.