The guys over at Shock Til You Drop have gotten their hands (blood and dirt encrusted hands, no doubt) on the DVD cover art for the forthcoming Anchor Bay DVD release of Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell’s 1981 horror classic “The Evil Dead”. But this is no ordinary DVD — it’s the Ultimate Edition, and comes with not one, not two, but a whopping three discs! No doubt brimming with extras and what-have-you. But wait, why the heck are we guessing? STYD has all the DVD details, including the cover art, for your perusal pleasures below. I actually already have two different versions of this DVD, and yeah, I’m getting this one, too. That’s how much I dig “The Evil Dead”.
- One by One We Will Take You: The Untold Saga of The Evil Dead – NEW!
- Audio Commentary by Director Sam Raimi and Producer Robert Tapert
- The Evil Dead: Treasures from the Cutting Room Floor – NEW!
- Audio Commentary by Actor Bruce Campbell
- Life After Death: The Ladies of The Evil Dead – At home, on the road and behind-the-scenes with Ellen Sandweiss, Betsy Baker and Theresa Tilly – NEW!
- The Ladies of The Evil Dead Meet Bruce Campbell – Ellen, Betsy & Theresa join Bruce for an informal yakfest – NEW!
- Unconventional – Cast and crew reunite to discuss horror conventions and beyond – NEW!
- At the Drive-In – A no-holds-barred Q&A with a drive-in audience of hardcore fans – NEW!
- Reunion Panel – The once-in-a-lifetime panel at Chicago’s Flashback Weekend Horror Convention – NEW!
- Discovering The Evil Dead – A look at the British home video release of The Evil Dead and it’s place in the “Video Nasties” debate
- TV Spots
- Still Gallery
- Poster & Memorabilia Gallery
STYD didn’t mention the price, but Fangoria says the whole shebang will set you back $34.97, which is pretty cheap considering what you’re getting.