16 Shares26 Comments
A new year, same ol rumor mongering about the “Justice League” movie. But hey, at least this time, unlike the last few years, we know for a fact that, thanks to Marvel’s “The Avengers”, Warner Bros. and D.C. are gung-ho to make a Justice League movie.
So, what’s the latest word from the D.C. superhero team-up this fresh 2013 morning? According to the site Cosmic Book News, they have a breakdown of the heroes that will be appearing on the JL roster. As always with these stuff, take this with a hefty grain of salt.
Who will be battling Darkseid in the upcoming movie? They are:
• Superman is essentially the same character from Man of Steel, and Zack Snyder is consulting regarding the writing of the character.
• Batman: The strategist of the group. Batman doesn’t really want to be involved with these super powered beings he considers too powerful. Easily the most complex written.
• Wonder Woman: She has only been in man’s world a few short months. The Wonder Woman script Michael Goldenberg is developing will be set before the Justice League movie.
• Green Lantern: Will be Ryan Reynold’s character from the Green Lantern movie, but will be freshly written with a more serious tone.
• Flash: The most popular hero in civilian eyes who loves media attention, but when called upon is very serious.
• Martian Manhunter: Alien who has lived on Earth in secret for over a hundred years who has knowledge of Darkseid and his reign.
• Aquaman: Will be the King of Atlantis who has a key role in the film.
The site says to also expect cameos from Amanda Waller along with the military/Government, Batman’s butler, Alfred Pennyworth, Superman’s gal, Lois Lane, and Darkseid’s Elite, who will be taking on the JL early in the film before their boss’ arrival.
So there you have it. Most of it sounds pretty reasonable, I guess. None of the characters really break from their comic book mold, and even Green Lantern is more serious in the comics than the recent Ryan Reynolds movie version.