Can’t wait to get your hands on D.C. and Warner Bros’ latest direct-to-DVD original animated movie? You won’t have to wait too much longer. Warner has announced that the film is scheduled to hit DVD and Blu-ray on February 28, 2012. Check out the new Blu-ray cover for the film below.
Justice League: Doom finds Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Cyborg and Batman on their heels when a team of super villains discover and implement the Dark Knight’s “contingency plans” for stopping any rogue Justice League member. The story is inspired by Mark Waid’s much-heralded “JLA: Tower of Babel.”
Starring the voice talents of Nathan Fillion, Michael Rosenbaum, Claudia Black, Alexis Denisof, Olivia d’Abo, Grey DeLisle, Tim Daly, Kevin Conroy, Paul Blackthorne, Phil Morris, Carlos Alazraqui, Carl Lumbly, Bumper Robinson, Susan Eisenberg, and David Kaufman.
And directed by Lauren Montgomery.
Bonus Features on the Blu-ray Combo Pack includes:
- Standard and high definition versions of the feature film
- UltraViiolet™ Digital Copy
- Sneak Peak at Superman vs. The Elite, the next DC Universe Animated Original Movie
- Featurette – “A Legion of One: The Dwayne McDuffie Story” – The skilled writer penned some of the best stories which consistently entertained fans. From his early writing career to adapting the popular work of All-Star Superman, this is the story of Dwayne McDuffie, as told by his family and friends.
- Featurette – “Guarding the Balance: Batman and the JLA” – Everyone has a weakness and so do superheroes, yet when they go rogue, their power can topple more than a few egos, they can shatter worlds. The Justice League is the most powerful organization of superheroes on the planet, but what if the Justice League went rogue, and decided to use their power for harm?
- Mini-featurette – “Their Time Has Come: Cyborg and the DC Universe’s New Diversity” – 2011 will go down in DC Comics storied history as a year when a rich diversity of characters were re-introduced into the spotlight alongside Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. One of the most celebrated of the re-imagined characters is Cyborg, who became the new Man of Steel in Geoff Johns’ altered universe storyline, Flashpoint.
- Creative team commentary
- Two bonus episodes from the Justice League animated series handpicked by Bruce Timm: Wild Cards, Part 1
- Digital Comic