The first one was a blast to play, and the second one looks like it’s upped the ante something huge. Besides the fact that all the character designs seem to be taking a cue from Alex Ross, which is just too awesome for words, the things you can do with the game’s characters should provide all you kids out there with hours of fun times. Plus, for you comic book geeks out there, the whole storyline of the game (yes, there is a storyline) is based on Marvel’s recent Civil War mega crossover, and I’m told, a little bit of Secret Invasion, too.
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 lands on the next-gen consoles September 30, 2009. Features below:
* Create and customize your ultimate team. Assemble your dream team from the Marvel Universe and select from over 24 playable characters, each with specialized powers.
* Cooperate with your ultimate alliance. Take full advantage of the Marvel Universe by playing Cooperative Mode with up to four friends, both online and offline.
* Pick a side in the ultimate ideological rift that could yield irreparable consequences for the Super Hero community! Support the pro-registration side and defend national security, or choose to be anti-registration and fight for personal liberties.
* Combine Super Hero powers for devastating results. Team up with Human Torch and Thor to create a spectacular fiery tornado. Over 250 unique fusions arm you with an unimaginable arsenal for unprecedented battles.
* Demolish and interact with everything in your path. Pummel your enemies by launching crushed cars, lampposts, machinery and anything else you can pick up in your way.
Playable characters in the game include Captain America, Daredevil, Deadpool, Electro, Hulk, Human Torch, Iron Fist, Iron Man, Invisible Woman, Lucia von Bardas, Luke Cage, Mr. Fantastic, Songbird, Spider-Man, Storm, The Thing, The Vision, Thor, and of course, Wolverine.