Previously reported as having been offered the male lead in Christopher Nolan’s upcoming “Interstellar”, the director’s follow-up to “The Dark Knight Rises”, Matthew McConaughey has now officially confirmed that he has, yes, accepted the offer.
Speaking to the Star Tribune, McConaughey said as much:
McConaughey said the much-talked-about deal is done in a phone interview this morning from New Orleans, where he is currently filming the upcoming HBO crime series “True Detective” with Woody Harrelson.
Nolan’s projects are notoriously secretive, and McConaughey revealed no details other than to say “I’m confirming” that he had accepted the role.
Not a whole lot is known about Nolan’s “Interstellar”, except that it will be sci-fi, set in space, and involve explorers studying a wormhole. There may or may not be time-travel involve, since anyone who has seen any amount of sci-fi movies/TV shows knows that wormholes in movies usually means two things — travel to faraway galaxies and/or time travel.
We do know that “Interstellar” will arrive on November 7, 2014.
One other thing: McConaughey will probably not go shirtless in the movie. It’s cold out there in space, after all.
Via : The Playlist