Got the DVD cover art and specs for Jon Turteltaub’s “National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets” earlier today. The DVD, starring Nicolas Cage and Diane Kruger, will come to your local DVD store in a Two-Disc Gold Collector’s Edition DVD and Blu-ray Disc on May 20, 2008. The regular DVD will run you $29.99 SRP, while the 2-Disc Gold Collector’s Edition Gold Collection DVD and Blu-ray Disc will be each $34.99 SRP. More details and cover art below.
Treasure hunter Benjamin Franklin Gates is back—and this time it’s personal. When his great grandfather is Benjamin Franklin Gates is back—and this time it’s personal. When his great grandfather is implicated in the assassination of Abraham Lincoln, Ben (Nicolas Cage) is determined to clear his name, even if it means bringing together his acrimoniously divorced parents (Jon Voight and Helen Mirren). In a rollicking adventure that ranges from Buckingham Palace to Mount Rushmore, Gates pursues the infamous Book of Secrets, said to contain the truth about everything from Ben’s grandfather to the JFK murder. Only one man has access to the storied volume—the president of the United States (Bruce Greenwood), and he won’t part with it willingly. As hidden clues and long buried mysteries emerge, National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets build to an unforgettable, heart pounding climax.
Special Features for the Regular DVD Edition:
• Audio Commentary -Director Jon Turteltaub and Academy award winning actor Jon Voight provide exclusive commentary for the film.
• Deleted Scenes -Jon Turteltaub introduces extended and deleted scenes including “Pursuit At Rushmore: The Unseen Chapter, ” in which the intrepid group of treasure hunters makes its way into the Black Hills of South Dakota while doing their best to avoid the FBI.
• The Treasure Reel -A collection of outtakes and bloopers from the set of National Treasure: Book of Secrets.
• Secrets of a Sequel -Filmmakers Jon Turteltaub and Jerry Bruckheimer join the cast and crew to talk about making the follow-up to the phenomenally successful National Treasure.
• The Book of Secrets: On Location -From the Black Hills and Badlands of South Dakota to London’s historic Buckingham Palace, National Treasure: Book of Secrets was given unprecedented access to previously off limits locations. Go behind the scenes at the Library of Congress, Mount Vernon, Buckingham Palace and the Statue of Liberty in Paris.
• Street Stunts: Creating the London Chase -Take a high speed tour of London’s most recognizable landmarks as the film’s unforgettable adrenaline-fueled chase scene is created in historic city streets.
• Inside the Library of Congress -An informative feature about the workings of the nation’s most important library provides an up-close look at precious national artifacts and the conservation techniques that safeguard these priceless pieces of American history.
• Underground Action -The sets, the stunts and the action that create the film’s powerful climax as the race to reach the lost City of Gold unfolds.
• Cover Story: Crafting the Presidents’ Book -A fascinating look at the propmasters and designers who created the legendary book central to National Treasure: Book of Secrets.
• Evolution of a Golden City -A look at the Hollywood sets, CGI techniques and visual effects that brought the legendary City of Gold to life.
• Knights of the Golden Circle -Who were the real Knights of the Golden Circle? A short documentary traces one of America’s most mysterious and influential organizations to its roots, including interviews with KGC expert Warren Getler, the cast and crew.
• Easter Eggs -Including a conversation about Beverly Hills High School with fellow alums Nic Cage and Jon Turteltaub, a look at the White House lawn scene as filmed in front of a blue screen and much more.
Special Features for the Blu-Ray Edition:
All the same Bonus Features as the DVD, including these Blu-Ray Bonus Features:
• Book of History: The Fact and Fiction of NT2 -Is National Treasure: Book of Secrets historical fact or historical fiction? Pop Quiz that tests people on the history, characters, places and events that took place in the movie. Find out which historical details in the film are true and which were invented with an exclusive pop up quiz. It is a fully-interactive in-movie experience.
• Two Additional Deleted Scenes -With introductions by director Jon Turteltaub