3 Shares1 Comment
I’m not gonna lie — if you don’t know the name Lucy Hale off the top of your head, then this is probably not a movie for you. “A Cinderella Story: Once Upon a Song”, starring Hale (one of the stars of “Pretty Little Liars”, though you might have recently seen her as one of the victims of “Scream 4″), and co-starring Missi Pyle, Megan Park (“The Secret Life of the American Teenager”), Freddie Stroma, and Jessalyn Wanlim, is now available on DVD and for Download starting September 6th, 2011 from Warner Home Video.
It’s a modern and enchanting twist on an enduring classic! Katie (Lucy Hale) dreams of being a recording artist but is continually thwarted by her cruel stepmother (Missi Pyle) and stepsister (Megan Park). When Katie falls hard for Luke (Freddie Stroma), the new boy at her Performing Arts school, she tries to get his attention with her singing. But when her stepsister takes credit for Katie’s amazing voice and Luke falls for the wrong girl, Katie must learn to stand up for her dreams before her stepmother forces Katie to sing Luke into the arms of her wicked stepsister at the Winter Talent Showcase.
“A Cinderella Story: Once Upon a Song” — it’s like the Cinderella fairytale everyone has heard of, except with catty teenagers and singing. Lots and lots of singing. It’s a harmless movie (the film sports a PG rating) and follows the Cinderella tale faithfully enough, complete with evil stepmother (a hilarious Missi Pyle, easily one of the hardest working woman in show business) and her co-hort in evil, blonde and bitchy daughter Bev (Megan Park). Brit Freddie Stroma (Cormac McLaggen from the “Harry Potter” films) plays the movie’s version of Prince Charming, and he’s certainly studly enough. Hale, as always, is spunky, and your kids will probably dig it a lot. If they’re girls, they might dig it even more.
The DVD includes:
- Spotlighting Lucy Hale: Our New Cinderella: From Pretty Little Liars to vocal princess, Lucy Hale lights up the stage as the new singing Cinderella! Get an inside look at Lucy Hale’s talents that lead to casting her for the lead role, along with spotlighting her signing – from rehearsals and practices as she trains, learns her vocals, and performs.
- So You Wanna Be a Dancer? From hip-hop to Bollywood, learn new cool steps from Cinderella and her BFF, Angela and be the belle of your next school ball! Follow the actresses as they learn the choreography and endure hours of training and rehearsals as they swing their hips into hip-hop and master the moves for their big scenes.
- Meet Prince Charming: School heartthrob Luke Morgan makes fans scream as the charming prince! The newest Cinderella, Lucy Hale interviews Freddie Stroma, as he gives her the “inside scoop” on taking on this new character.
- Flip Cam Diaries: Armed with a Flip our cast takes us behind the production to show never before seen footage.
- “Bless Myself” Official Music Video
- Gag reel
- Deleted Scenes