Admit it, you’re a closet “Sex and the City” fan. Okay, maybe not. Hey, it’s not for everybody, so don’t worry about it. But in case you are, the girls are back in town (and then out of town) in “Sex and the City 2″, which is now available on Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD, On Demand, and for Download from Warner Home Video.
The fun, the fashion, the friendship: Sex and the City 2 brings it all back and more as Carrie (Sarah Jessica Parker), Samantha (Kim Cattrall), Charlotte (Kristin Davis) and Miranda (Cynthia Nixon) come together to take another bite out of The Big Apple — and beyond — in a hilarious sequel. What happens after you say “I do”? Life is everything the ladies ever wished it would be, but it wouldn’t be Sex in the City if life didn’t hold a few more surprises. After all, sometimes you just have to get away with the girls.
Look, it’s “Sex and the City 2″. Do I need to say more? If you weren’t a fan of the first one, or the HBO series, you’ll probably not going to be a very big fan of the sequel.
In “SATC 2″, the girls — Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, and Cynthia Nixon — are once again joined by Chris Noth, along with a “fabulous” guest cameo from Liza Minnelli. Plus, John Corbett from the HBO series makes his return.
Set two years after the events of the first movie, “SATC 2″ finds the gals dealing with home and work issues. Well except for Samantha, of course, who is still, er, you know, being Samantha. Meanwhile, Charlotte thinks her husband has eyes for the hottie nanny (“She’s out of My League’s” Alice Eve), while Miranda has work issues. Carrie, meanwhile, finds home life with Mr. Big suddenly very unsatisfying, and gets an opportunity to stray when Corbett’s Aidan re-enters the scene.
The girls eventually end up in the Middle East, where all manner of culture clash take place, as you would expect with the city gals dumped smack dab in the middle of a place not exactly known for their liberal policies on, er, less than modest women. It’s all expectedly outrageous and “Sex and the City”-ish if you’re a fan, and not so much if you aren’t. And for long-time fans, you also learn how the girls met each other all those many, many years ago. You’ve been waiting for that, right?
Blu-ray Combo Pack Review:
- “So Much Can Happen in Two Years”: A conversation with Sarah Jessica Parker and Michael Patrick King: 26 mins. The star and director sit on a plush set talking about the movies, the series, and everything that’s happened since the two films. The thing you’ll get most out of this little sit-down? You’ll never, ever put a pink couch in your living room.
- Styling Sex and the City 2: 15 mins. Yeah, I’m neither a girl or a guy who likes fashion, so this one’s wasted on me. But for those of you who fit into either category, there are a lot of glitzy clothes on show.
- Marry Me Liza! 8 mins. Behind-the-scenes of the Liza Minnelli appearance at the movie’s self-proclaimed “gayest wedding ever” sequence at the beginning. It’s one big love-fest, as you would imagine.
- Revisiting the 80s: 4 mins. Remaking the ’80s for a bunch of gals known for their millennium fashion sense. So what did we learn? In any decade, Kristin Davis is hot.
- The Men of Sex and the City: 29 mins. There are actually men in this franchise, too! Anyways, director Michael Patrick King and co-star Mario Cantone take the men of “SATC” for a spin.
- SATC2 Soundtrack: In the Recording Studio with Alicia Keys: 3 mins. A quickie featurette with Alicia Keyes in the studio recording songs for the soundtrack and talking about, er, recording songs for the soundtrack. Skip it.
- Full-length audio commentary by director Michael Patrick King, who also co-wrote and directed both “Sex and the City” movies, so yeah, he knows his SATC.