Oh, Frank Castle. Will you ever find a filmmaker who “gets” you, or a studio that “understands” your need to wipe every criminal off the face of the Earth? One can only hope. In any case, remember all those rumors about “War Zone”? One had director Lexi Alexander being kicked off the project, another had the movie going PG-13, and still another posited that zombies had eaten the brains of everyone involved in the project. Wait, no, scratch the last part. Anyways, the film’s cinematographer, one Steve Gainer, has come out to publicly deny much of the bad rumor surrounding the project.
* Lexi is not off the film.
* Lexi is still involved in the edit process.
* The film is not (nor could it ever be) PG-13.
* He saw a cut that ran 91 minutes.
* Lexi did in fact get married (referencing the “she’s on her honeymoon” reason given by the studio for her non-appearance at the Con).
* Lexi is an incredibly talented director, and this film kicks major ass, as will be proven when it is released in theaters December 5th.
* The film is most certainly not all exploding heads, but will reveal a great deal of Frank’s persona and pain.
In summary: Frank Castle is screwed. Again.