Sci-Fi Bits: BSG, Falling Skies, Doctor Who, Starship Troopers

Missed on some sci-fi movie/TV news over the week? No worries, we’ve got you covered.


Starship Troopers: Invasion (2012) Movie PosterUp first, here’s the trailer for “Starship Troopers: Invasion”, a CG sequel due out this Summer. Casper Van Dien, one of the stars of the original movie, returns, though I’m not entirely clear if he’s in the cast or just producing this time around.

A distant Federation outpost Fort Casey comes under attack by bugs. The team on the fast attack ship Alesia is assigned to help the Starship John A. Warden stationed in Fort Casey evacuate along with the survivors and bring military intelligence safely back to Earth. Carl Jenkins, now ministry of Paranormal Warfare, takes the starship on a clandestine mission before its rendezvous with the Alesia and goes missing in the nebula. Now, the battle-hardened troopers are charged with a rescue mission that may lead to a much more sinister consequence than they ever could have imagined…

Shinji Aramaki of “Appleseed” fame is directing.



A Skitter in Falling Skies TV Series

Hey, remember “Falling Skies”? The TV show starring Noah Wyle as a history professor turned freedom fighter who spends 90% of his time moaning about saving his kids and the other 10% trying to actually, you know, fight the alien invaders? Well it’s due back with its second season this June 17th, and here are two promo teasers for the TNT show.




Luke Pasqualino in Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome TV Series

Here’s your first look at the two-hour premiere of “Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome”, starring Luke Pasqualino as young Bill Adama, Ben Cotton, Lili Bordán and Jill Teed.

“Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome” takes place in the 10th year of the first Cylon war. As the battle between humans and their creation, the sentient robotic Cylons, rages across the 12 colonial worlds, a young, talented fighter pilot, William Adama (Luke Pasqualino), finds himself assigned to one of the most powerful Battlestars in the Colonial fleet: the Galactica. Full of ambition and in pursuit of the intense action that the Cylon war promises, Adama quickly find himself at odds with Coker (Ben Cotton), the battle-weary officer to whom he reports. With 47 days left in his tour of duty, Coker desires an end to battle just as much as Adama craves the start of it. Though they clash at first, the two men forge an unlikely bond when a routine mission turns dangerous and becomes a pivotal one for the desperate fleet.

Taking off in 2012 on the Syfy Channel.



And finally, wondering who will replace Karen Gillan as Doctor Who’s new companion after the Scottish beauty leaves the show? Wonder no more. Jenna-Louise Coleman, an actress on the TV show “Emmerdale”, has been officially announced by the BBC as the Timelord’s new traveling companion. Expect her to be introduced and replace Gillan during the show’s Christmas special, which will pit the good Doctor against those freaky weeping angels.

Jenna-Louise Coleman



About Nix

View all Posts

Editor/Writer at BeyondHollywood.com. Likes: long walks on the beach and Kevin Costner post-apocalyptic movies. Dislikes: 3D, shaky cam, and shaky cam in 3D. Got a site issue? Wanna submit Movie/TV news? Or to email me in regards to anything on the site, you can do so at nix (at) beyondhollywood.com.

Cool Stories From Zergnet

  • http://www.beyondhollywood.com/ Dedpool

    First Starship Troopers was cheesy fun, like Verhoven’s other flick Robocop! Sequel was meh, and I haven’t even watched the third one yet cause it looks, well, really bad. The animated series done by Mainframe however was off the hook. This looks to be pretty damn cool. Taking a cue from video games with the new suit, but I like it.

    • wingcm

      I liked the third Starship Troopers. It tried to get back to the feel of the first one and partially succeeded. And, yes, the second one was awful.

    • Zero-shot

      yeah the third one is a ton better then the 2nd film,atleast the 3rd film tried to be a proper sequel. not to say its good though,but more enjoyable then the 2nd. cant wait for this film.

  • http://www.grifiti.com Tin Hoang

    She can travel with me anytime. Preferably a short trip right in bed!

  • clarkspark

    Did not know Adama was going to be THIS young. Guess I thought he would be like the one in BSG when they showed him young in a space battle. Still though looks great. Hope it lasts.