Hear that? That’s the sound of Twilighters screaming their heads off at the news that they’ll be getting their hands on a “Twilight” movie DVD as soon as March 21st, 2009, when Summit Entertainment releases the teen vampire flick into stores as a Two-Disc Special Edition. The release date is an odd one, because it means the DVD will hit stores on Saturday instead of the usual Tuesday, when new releases are usually released. According to Summit, the reason is simple: they’re encouraging Twilighters to get together for makeshift DVD release parties. Mind you, not that they wouldn’t have done likewise for a Tuesday release, school days be damned.
So what can Twilighters expect from the DVD? Here is a list of the special features:
* Presented in widescreen format only
* Audio commentary by Catherine Hardwicke, Kristen Stewart, and Robert Pattinson
* Muse music video: “Super Massive Black Hole”
* Paramore music video: “Decode”
* Linkin Park music video: “Leave Out All the Rest”
* Five extended scenes with director introductions
* Five deleted scenes with director introductions
* Seven-part documentary: “The Adventure Begins: The Journey from Page to Screen”
* Comic-Con “fandom” piece
* Comic-Con NY sizzle reel
* Three trailers
* Penelope trailer
But why wait in line on March 21st? Amazon.com already has the movie up for pre-order (they’re going for $22.99 a pop) as we speak. Check out the DVD box cover art below and click on the image to place your order now if you are so inclined.