3 Shares4 Comments
Need I say it? Do not — I repeat: DO NOT — read on unless you absolutely, positively want to know the how’s and why’s of some pretty major plot points from Warner Bros.’ upcoming “Green Lantern”. In fact, I kinda wished I hadn’t read it, but I did, so there you go.
As you probably know by now, “Green Lantern” will have two villains — the human kind, and one of the alien variety. As it turns out — well, I’m not going to spoil it up here. You’ll have to head on down to find that out.
Via CBM, who has had their fingers in the “Green Lantern” pie since the very beginning. Props, comic book geeks.
The SPOILERS below have been put in SPOILER BOX. Click on the link to read.
[spoiler]- Krona becomes the first “host” to Parallax, by way of the Yellow Power Battery. This takes place as a prologue of the film.
- Parallax doesn’t just feed off of fear, it rips the souls out of it’s victims; leaving dried “husks” of the corpses.
- Parallax/Krona attacks Abin Sur’s ship, which causes him to crash land on Earth and die.
- While performing an autopsy on the corpse of Abin Sur, Hector Hammond becomes infected by a fragment of Parallax which causes him to gain exponential telepathic and telekinetic powers.
- Hammond attacks Hal Jordan and Carol Ferris (whom he harbors feelings towards) at the Ferris airfield hanger, a similar scene to the one in the Green Lantern Secret Origins comic; the difference being that Hammond wants Hal’s Green Lantern ring.
- Hammond is ultimately killed by Parallax, who absorbs his soul in the manner mentioned above.
- Parallax fights Hal Jordan and Carol Ferris on Earth. The fight is unevenly matched until other members of the Green Lantern Corps arrive.[/spoiler]