5 SharesNo Comments
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment has released the cover art and specs for their upcoming release of Matthew Vaughn’s “X-Men: First Class”, due out on DVD and Blu-ray September 9th of this year. And here’s a nice incentive to pre-order: the first 1,000 fans to pre-order the film on either DVD or Blu-ray during the San Diego Comic Con on July 21st through July 24th will receive a Limited Edition “X-Men: First Class” T-shirt. To get a piece of this, you’ll have to pre-order your copy in person at the Fox booth #4313 or online at www.FoxConnect.com.
Director Matthew Vaughn (Layer Cake, Kick Ass) tells the true origins of the multi-billion dollar film franchise, guiding exceptional performances by Golden Globe®-nominee James McAvoy (Atonement), Michael Fassbender (Inglourious Basterds), and Golden Globe®-winner Kevin Bacon (“Taking Chance,” Mystic River). A “rare movie event that balances an intelligent story with solid performances, first-rate action and top-of-the-line special effects” (Ben Lyons, E!), X-MEN: FIRST CLASS has drawn an impressive $150 million at the domestic box office and nearly $350 million worldwide.
Before Charles Xavier (McAvoy) and Erik Lensherr (Fassbender) took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time, working together to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. The film features a star-studded supporting cast, including Academy Award®-nominee Jennifer Lawrence (Winter’s Bone), January Jones (“Mad Men”), Rose Byrne (28 Weeks Later), Zoë Kravitz (“Californication”), Nicholas Hoult (A Single Man), Lucas Till (Walk the Line), and Emmy Award®-nominee Oliver Platt (“The West Wing”).
Special features on the X-MEN: FIRST CLASS Blu-ray include:
- 10 Marvel “X-Men” Digital Comics with exclusive “X-Men: First Class” Backstory Comic
- More than two hours of never-before-seen extras, including:
- Cerebro Mutant Tracker: The complete interactive Mutant Database with interactive videos giving fans the ability to learn about their favorite mutants in the X-Men film franchise
- Children of the Atom: An eight-part behind-the-scenes featurette, charting the film from pre-production through post-production, including visual effects techniques and cataloguing “X-Men” transformations through prosthetic make up and costume design
- “X” Marks the Spot: An interactive feature allowing viewers the opportunity to learn more about specific scenes with talent interviews and behind-the-scenes footage
- Extended and Deleted Scenes
- BD-Live Portal with additional Cerebro Mutant Tracker profiles
- Composer’s Isolated Score
- Theatrical Trailer